COVID-19 Policy Statement for Holy Union Sisters
The Holy Union Sisters have always prioritized the health and safety of all who live, work and visit our offices and residences in the United States (MA, RI, MD, KY and NY), a commitment heightened by the current pandemic. Due to the serious and escalating nature of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and because our sisters are among the populations listed as vulnerable by the Center of Disease Control (CDC), we are taking the following steps to protect our sisters, staff, associates, families and friends. These steps are also being taken to help curb the spread of the virus as recommended by the CDC:
- The Holy Union Sisters Province Leadership Team and staff will be working remotely rather than in the Milton or Fall River offices until further notice. Voicemails and emails will be returned as quickly as possible. Your patience is appreciated.
- Visits to facilities, such as assisted living centers and nursing homes where sisters are in residence, are restricted. If you need to visit one of our sisters or one of our houses, please call in advance to determine if such a visit is possible or wise.
- We have postponed or canceled many upcoming events, conferences and meetings. Please watch the Holy Union website for further information at www.holyunionsisters.org
- For our supporters and vendors, please be aware that while the necessity of working from home will likely delay correspondence such as payments, thank you notes, and donation receipts for tax purposes, we will try to minimize such delays to the best of our ability.
- We are encouraging everyone to follow the advice of the CDC and local Government regulations and advisories in taking every precaution to help slow the spread of the virus including, frequent hand washing, covering your cough, practicing social distancing, avoiding crowds, using hand sanitizer, avoiding physical contact with others, and calling your doctor for guidance if you begin to feel ill.
Because this situation is changing rapidly, these steps may evolve and change over the coming days and weeks. Please check back for the most current information.